Nutrition for your brain
... which stimulates brain activity, enhances memory, improves mood and even increase IQ. Which foods are the most beneficial for the brain? Which nutrients control the brain?
Brain, nervous system and feeding
The brain and the nervous system consist of an unique network of cells called neurons. Each neuron can form tens of thousands of connections with other neurons. This creates a vast network with rich information of knowledge and feelings. When learning new things new connections are built and they alter the brain network. Just as hormones carry messages in the body, chemicals (neurotransmitters) carry messages in the brain. Brain and neurotransmitters are formed from nutrients. So, what you eat and drink affects the functioning of the brain.
Depletion of the brain
Antinutrients (caffeine, cigarettes, sugar, refined foods) deplete brain function. Caffeine reduces the concentration and compromises the ability to remember. Excessive sugar and refined foods consumption reduces intellect, causes aggression, anxiety, hyperactivity and / or exhaustion. Smoking and inhalation of cigarette smoke accumulates in the brain and impairs mental health. Stress completely confuses brain functions.
Nutrients control the brain
Neurotransmitters are composed of proteins. To stay healthy, motivated and happy take more proteins. But without vitamins and minerals we can not convert protein or fat neurotransmitters in brain cells. Optimal intake of vitamins and minerals accelerates thinking, enhances concentration and even increases IQ. Fish oils for a healthy and active mind Fish oils are extremely beneficial for the brain, not only because of the high content of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, but also because they contain phospholipids. Phosphatidylcholine is the most important phospholipid as brain supplies with nutrients and helps in the formation of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is directly related to memory. Shortage of this neurotransmitter in addition to being responsible for poor memory, causes drowsiness, dry mouth, decreases dreaming and even dementia. The best additional source of phosphatidylcholine is the nutrient lecithin.
Optimal nutrition for the brain
- To stimulate brain activity, enhance memory, improve mood and even increase its coefficient of intelligence, follow these tips:
- Reduce intake of stimulants such as coffee, tea, chocolate and cola, sugar and refined foods.
- Reduce the impact of cigarette smoke and other contaminants.
- Regularly consume fish, seeds (especially flaxseed), their oils or supplements of essential fatty acids.
- Buy eggs from hens bred freely because they are rich in omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids.
- Omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids are more potent antidepresant from the antidepressants.
- Ensure an optimum intake of vitamins and minerals.
- To improve your memory, take supplements of vitamins from B group that contain more vitamin B5.
- Reduce stress and react calmly in stressful situations.
Estratti secchi di Ginko biloba ed erba di San Giovanni
la concentrazione e l’attività del cervelloPer saperne di piÃ¹
migliora la qualità del sonno
la conservazione a lungo delle reazioni veloci
il ritardo dell’effetto della stanchezza sull’organismo
Estratto secco di Rhodiola rosea
ECLUSIVO ADATTOGENO E TONICO NATURALE DEI SISTEMI MUSCOLARE E NERVOSO
l’aumento dell’energia dell’organismo
il miglioramento della forma fisica e nelle prestazioni sportive
l’adattabilità fisiologica all’ambiente
le funzioni mentali